Friday, September 4, 2009

Ahhhh....The Divine Mother

I've just finished reading a book by Drunvalo Melchizedek called 'Living In The Heart'.  Tis a short read (only 118 pgs long) and it comes with a cd of meditations.

I found some meaningful lines to record in my journal such as, "Everything is just Light & the world is created within the Human Soul" and " Keep your Awareness open and the Truth will reveal itself" and "All things are possible by staying connected to Mother Earth within the (your) heart."

But what really impressed me and began to make sense was when Drunvalo pointed out that 'Ohmmm' is the sound of the Divine Father and that 'Ahhh' is the sound of the Divine Mother (Earth).  'Ohmm' is in the head (I've always enjoyed how it reverberates in my head. Try saying 'Ohmm' in the shower for a total head rush!) *grin*  The logical mind (you know, where all of our incessant brain chatter is) is also in the head.  'Ahhh' is a softer sound and it truly does feel as if it is generated from the heart.

I have to admit, I've never heard of 'Ahhh' being the sound of the Divine Mother Earth.  However, two words in particular jumped out at me with the 'Ahhh' sound and I can definitely feel the Divine Mother quality in both of them.  One is 'Shanti' (shAHHHn-ti) which is sanskrit for 'Peace' and the other is 'Amen' (pronounced the more tradtional way of 'AHHHH-main').  BEing in a state of peace or serenity is rather self explanatory.  'Amen' is usually spoken as an affirmation at the end of a prayer...usually to the Divine Father. How appropriate that a word of 'knowing' ('Amen' is usually translated as 'So Be It!') would include the Divine Mother Earth?

To complete the Holy Trinity is none other than the Divine Child...YOU and ME! We are the ones asking with our intentions and desires.  This completes the triangle, or as Drunvalo explains, the portal into the Sacred Heart Center that we all possess and where all creation on the Earth begins to the delight of both Mother Earth and Father Sky (the heavens) as they are so much in LOVE with us! 

To consciously create from within our Sacred Heart center (rather than from the bruised Human Ego) is truly something to aspire to.  I know that I am going to be mindful in my meditations and grow this process.

Blessings of Infinite Light and Love~

Ommmm....Shanti....

1 comment:

  1. Lovely book, isn't it? I loved the unity breath meditation and feel it beautifully. The heart meditation...I still have to travel there. I travel till my mouth, and after that I find myself looking down. hahahahahaha!!!! Its fun though!

    ReplyDelete